Re: martial artist occupation

From: John Machin <trithemius_at_...>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 19:56:59 +1100

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 20:07:42 +1300, Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...> wrote:
> Judging from the example of Thrunhin Da (Men of the Sea p27),
> most Kralori dragon worshippers have magics that are
> indistinguishable from the magics of theists, sorcerers and
> animists. When a Kralori is attempting to become a Dragon,
> I think they undertake additional magics and initiations too
> complex to summarize here. So if you are creating a
> draconic* fighting cult, think of the style of fighting that you
> are aiming for. Are they worshipping some dread divinity?
> Make the cult theistic. Are the warriors devoted to some
> abtruse philosophy? Make it sorcerous.

Could a tattoo be a sorcerous talisman? I seem to recall from somewhere that otherworld magic needs to live somewhere, sometimes in a object or a scar or the like, so could tattooed sorcerous kung fu philosophers work? Or do wizardry talismans need to be something you can loose/drop/break more easily?

--
John Machin