Re: Re: e23, beginning supplements

From: Nick Eden <nick_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 09:19:29 +0000

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 20:33:14 -0000, you wrote:

>> People,
>>

>> > From: "Rob" <robert_m_davis_at_h...>
>>
>> says
>>
>> > Or, if that is not comercially viable, hell, why not just have them
>> > as online PDF books.
>>
>> This is being done through e23.
>> It just takes time to prepare, which is never in long supply.
>>
>> > From: donald_at_g...
>>
>> complains that
>>
>> > That's why Gathering
>> > Thunder being the only Issaries scenario book on game shelves is
>> > poor marketing - it's not for beginning characters and worse still
>>
>> Please send your submissions for startgin scenarios to me, the
>> acquisitions edior, so we can resolve this.
>
>Is there a reason not to submit stuff to Pyramid? How would that work for Issaries?
>
>Nothing in Pyramid's writer guidelines specifically says they want or don't want HQ stuff.
>
>http://www.sjgames.com/pyramid/writing.html
>
>Mike Dawson

I asked about this at Continuum. All the material so far appearing on Pyramid has been sourced via Issaries, and there is some deal by which is it advantageous for Issaries to work that way. Normal Pyramid practice has that they retain reprint rights for all time (though they don't seem to be using them much these days) but something coming through Issaries has the reprint rights reverting to them after 2 years.

Actual copyrights etc I believe remain with the author in either case, as much as that's worth anything.