Re: Re: What the Dragon Said

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 18:16:57 -0800

Rob wrote:

> The sage in our group is a Devotee, who in the Knowledge affinity
> has the feat interperet spoken language.

But if it's a human skill for understanding languages, and it isn't specifically for "understanding non-human language", then I'd give an improvisational modifier to understanding *any* non-human language, even relatively straightforward ones like Darkspeech.

Trying to use it to understand Draconic? A *big* honkin' improvisational modifier. Even a successful roll might produce nothing more than "Orlaron and the dragon seem to have reached an agreement". As I see it, a knowledge skill that isn't *specifically* aimed at dragons is going to have a big handicap when used for dragons, because they're so different from anything else.