Re: Who is Helamakt for Orlanthi

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 17:07:11 +0000 (GMT)

In Red Cow most of the clan's one-in-seven follow Heler. Because both Orlanthi and Helerings worship Helamakt I have portrayed the priests of that cult as mediating between the two on religious matters.

In game no Orlanthi has yet asked 'Is Helamakt Heler'. I suspect that they share many myths of Helamakt as one of Orlanth's Thunder Brothers but that they have though different insights and secrets in these tales. Each is worshipping Helamakt as part of a larger whole.

I don't think an Orlanthi Helamakt would be challenged by the notion that Helamakt was 'Heler as Orlanth's thane', but their focus is on that period, the loyal follower of Orlanth, not any other, so the Heler connections are not a focus for them, the Orlanth ones are. Sure some Helamakt worshippers might want to learn more, but I'm certain they are would be heroes and we will be telling their stories in the Hero Wars.

Ian Cooper
0208-672-0717(H)07970-411892 (M)

"Give the kids tools, so they can go build their own houses; not the blueprint of what the houses should be." Tori Amos