Re: What the Dragon Said

From: Mike Dawson <mdawson_at_...>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 21:41:13 -0000

> Great! So you have Danar appearing that far back? Good idea, I'm sure he
> was around.

Seemed a good idea. Makes the whole boat trip much more interesting. Meeting him (and Kallyr's agent, I guy I made up) is really their first intro to The Resistance. Though they've also met two Argraths.

>(Though I wonder if the idea of using an interesting NPC in

> non-authorised and intended ways is going to upset Greg? If so, all he
> has to do is give the narrators the data about him so as to avoid
> clashes, and end of problem.)

It never occurred to me to worry about this. If Danar was on the opposing side, I might have to work hard to keep him alive, but at the moment the Babeester Gori player-hero is standing between him and the Shargashi plummeting to earth to kill the Starstrider.

> > Thinking aloud: Perhaps I should actually spend some time
> > thinking about what goal my heroes might have that doesn't
> > involve getting off the Boat?

[snip]

> > Others? It just did
> > me. Most every hero has someone or something they'd like to
> > rescue from the underworld, and the Boat Planet is about to
> > make a guaranteed passage through there.
>
> As did the Cradle a while back. Well, a bit less guaranteed.

Ironic you mention this, as folks lost on the Cradle are exactly the thing they might want to find in the underworld.

Mike Dawson