Re: Sartar

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 16:10:47 +1100

Mikko on Sartar:

> I know Sartar respected Issaries, and raised many temples to him. Did he
>worship Orlanth,

Of course. Who doesn't? :)

Greg has previously stated that Sartar was an Issaries heroquester. That's part of the answer.

KOS says he was a Master of the Motion rune (Change and Growth - heavvvvyyyyy ju ju), versed in 'secret magic' and that he was a strict pacifist who never raised a weapon or offensive spell. (Apparently turning assassins into termites doesn't count :)). Some of his later miracles are pretty trader-like, but its impossible to single out a particular stream. This guy could apparently create or majorly morph *life*.

Sartar is mysterious and *special*. I doubt if many of our current labels really apply. Theories abound. That's part of the wonder.

> >and are his descendants devotees of Orlanth?

Can you number the stars of the sky blanket? The grains of the CreekRiverStream etc? Many offspring, many gods, though if your grandpappy is king you would expect a fair number of Rexy Orlanthi and other barbarically-acceptable cults.

Of course, it you believe the news from LHQ in Boldhome, there's only one descendant still alive, and that's Temertain, who is a devotee of Lhankor Mhy and decidedly *dodgy* from most people's point of view. (And yes, he does look a lot like Nick :)).

We live in hope...

Raise the tribes etc.

John

nysalor_at_... John Hughes

The Journey will not be difficult,
If you follow my instructions.
A wild boar will bear your luggage,
The son of a dragon will carry you on his back. A water monster will lead the way.
A very old stone monkey has no cause to be angry. Ask those friends of yours -
They know the way to the West.