RE: Re: Fearing Dragons

From: donald_at_...
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 12:30:15 GMT

In message <20050221072016.ZLRC1438.aamta06-winn.mailhost.ntl.com_at_master> "Jane Williams" writes:

>So the meta-game point of the fight *may* be to get Danar killed, if
>your guess is correct. If so, telling the Narrator this is *vital*.

Yes, however metagame issues don't seem to be discussed much in most publications.

>A bit too late. By then the Narrator will have decided one way or the
>other whether she made it - she's still an active foe, they're
>celebrating her death/vanishment, or whatever. There's also the question
>of whether the initial attack to kill her succeeded - and that's *got*
>to be down to what and how well the PCs do!

This is the same problem that occurs with any series of scenarios. If a narrator starts playing them before it's complete they will catch up with the end story and have to decide where to go with it. Personally I'd go with the idea that any named NPCs will survive somehow unless the book actually kills them off.

>> with her mission.
>> >
>> >Except that it did...
>>
>> In what way? she gets thrown off just at the point where
>> she's going to see the dragon.
>
>When according to the original scenario without the mods suggested here,
>she could have just jumped off, with all her troops (and Danar) intact.

True, and she could have got herself or Orlaront killed.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/