Re: Re: Quick morality question for heortling

From: Bruce Ferrie <bruceferrie_at_...>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 17:51:34 +0000

Sam Elliot wrote:

> Next question for the greybeards: homosexual relations - if they are
> within the clan, how is that seen, given one is supposed to look
> outside the clan for spouses...?

I suspect that same-sex relationships must be just as exogamous as heterosexual ones. Fear of inbreeding is often cited as the reason for the taboos against sexual relationships with blood relatives in the real world. I've not heard anybody suggest that it would be less frowned upon if it was a same-sex relationship, and I'm sure Heortlings are just the same as regards exogamy.

Regards,

Bruce