Re: Re: Quick morality question for heortling

From: Bruce Ferrie <bruceferrie_at_...>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 21:00:35 +0000

Sam Elliot wrote:

> for me the Deliverance potential is lost with all this outbreeding.

The potential is still there. After all, the real world frowns on inbreeding, but we still get Deliverance type situations.

> Your other post was interesting, Bruce, but seemed to me so make the
> way things ought to be that it doesn't ring true for me. YGMV and
> all, but I find it hard to suspend my disbelief when folk start
> making sensible rules or building sensible social structures.

All I did was extrapolate from what was already there. The Heortlings do have sensible social structures already.

As with inbreeding, drama and adventure plots are to be found in the gap between what people "should" be doing and what happens in practice.

Regards,

Bruce