Re: Re: Quick morality question for heortling

From: Bruce Ferrie <bruceferrie_at_...>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 11:07:53 +0000

John Hughes wrote:

> So I don't think couples of any sexual minority are that uncommon or
> cause particular problems to the clan. In fact, its only when the folk
> involved are from different clans that trouble may brew. They don't
> 'marry', except in unusual ritual or magical situations, but are free
> to set up households and live by the bonds of their heart.

I find it unlikely that same-sex couples would be 'let off from obeying the rules' as it were, given the much wider acceptance of their existence in Heortling society, compared to real world cultures. Inter-clan relationships and households, whether the birth of children is expected or not, still have bearing on property issues. And there's the question of who inherits *from* a childless couple.

If Jarstan from Bluetree clan wants a formal relationship with Varmast from the Hillside clan, then he'll face pressure to get married and conduct property negotiations, just like anyone else would. IMG, at least.

Regards,

Bruce