Re: contraception

From: Stephen Tempest <e-g_at_...>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 11:18:30 +0000

"Jane Williams" <janewilliams20_at_...> writes:

>I'd guess that Ernalda (or some sub-cult thereof? One of the darker
>ones?) has access to contraceptive methods or magic. To what extent this
>is used, approved of, etc, in respect of ordinary non-Vingan women, is
>another question, and one that probably varies with time and place.

Actually, the majority of Heortling women have contraceptive magic, according to Thunder Rebels. One of the feats in the Ernalda Allmother 'Bless Mothers' affinity is 'Aid Contraception'.

Although since it says "aid" rather than "provide", this suggests that they're actually using some other method (Herbal? Natural? Magical?) and the Ernalda magic simply helps to ensure it succeeds.

It's also curious that 'Aid Contraception' is a part of the 'Bless Mothers' affinity, since the whole point of contraception is to avoid becoming a mother... maybe the magic only works on people who've already had their first child?

Men who know the Secret of Niskis the Lover also have access to 100% reliable contraception if needed. :)

Stephen