Re: contraception

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 12:10:20 +0000 (GMT)

> Actually, the majority of Heortling women have
> contraceptive magic,
> according to Thunder Rebels. One of the feats in
> the Ernalda
> Allmother 'Bless Mothers' affinity is 'Aid
> Contraception'.

Thanks, I'd missed that.

> Although since it says "aid" rather than "provide",
> this suggests that
> they're actually using some other method (Herbal?
> Natural? Magical?)
> and the Ernalda magic simply helps to ensure it
> succeeds.

Or it could be an unusually carefuly worded Feat, avoiding the potential misunderstandings of Decapitate Foe. 'Aid Contraception 17' does not promise 100% effectiveness.

> It's also curious that 'Aid Contraception' is a part
> of the 'Bless
> Mothers' affinity, since the whole point of
> contraception is to avoid becoming a mother...

Since in the RW I work for a firm that produces pregnancy tests, contraceptive devices, and fertility monitors, I don't find this odd at all. Roughly the same technology for all three things.

Jane Williams