Re: The Hidden Gale storms Crescent Manor...

From: Alexandre Lanciani <takenegi_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 15:42:04 +0100

Il giorno 24-01-2001 15:06, Charles Corrigan, glorantha_at_... ha scritto:

> 30 troops led by a general, another very senior officer and two
> priests seems to be a bit unbalanced to me...

    Well the Hidden Gale is at least 50 members strong (counting auxiliaries probably, and not all of them would be used against the fort), has its share of senior officers and most notably the player heroes are members. Moreover it can ask for help from neighboring clans who owe it a favor. So unbalance is not really a problem (if ever it is). I don't know, maybe my estimate is inconsistent with the setting. IYO then what are sensible figures?

> And what about the non-combatant camp followers that you would expect
> ("girl-friends" for hire, cooks, low grade merchants etc.)?

    Well, my questions were about the garrison and the defense (not that a merchant is defenseless when it comes to its wares), but that doesn't mean I'd forget them! ;-)

--
Regards,
Alexandre.