Re: Early Vinga

From: ALISON PLACE <alison_place_at_...>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 09:15:45 -0800 (PST)

---

> > Labrygon_at_... wrote: Was Vinga in Runequest? I
must have missed her.

> Jane Williams wrote:

Not in Official RQ3 that I know of. She was first mentioned in KoS, and all development then happened in the massive gap where nothing Official was happening, but Glorantha was developing by leaps and bounds through fan-published material, mainly Tales.

> The only [story] that got into hard-copy that I know
of was mine,

A small correction to that. My "Vinga and the Cloak of Snakes", which was the first, was published in the RQ-Con Compendium, 1994. Ably put together by David Cheng, this had 91pp of goodies, but consisted mainly of the Orlanthi Storytelling (7 tales; 11pp), the Home of the Bold narratives (22 entries; 47pp), and seminar transcripts (35pp). Shannon Appel, Nick Brooke, John Medway, MOB,Roderick Robertson, Hans van Halteren, and lots of others in the authors list. Greg had lots to say on heroquesting, for example, in the Lore Auction.  Not an official publication, but a fascinating historical artifact, I'd say. :-)

Take Yahoo! Mail with you! Get it on your mobile phone. http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo