RE: Re: contraception

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 20:05:23 -0000

> >Queen Boudicca had daughters and she was the archtypical
> warrior queen was she not?
>
> Was she? I thought she was just a normal Iceni wife and
> mother until the Romans beat her and raped her daughters, at
> which point she took the Red Vows, ...

Sadly, due to a lack of documentation or other evidence (the Roman writings are just a teensy bit biased), we'll probably never know what a "normal Iceni wife and mother" was in terms of fighting ability, nor to what extent she differed from the Iceni norm.

We can guess, however, that if she had adult or near-adult daughters at the time of her famous rebellion, she probably wasn't pregnant then.