RE: Re: Elemental associaltions

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 14:05:37 +0200 (EET)

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005, Jane Williams wrote: <snip>
> to find their lovely iron equipment has changed, and them throwing half
> of it away. Heaps outside towns labelled "toxic waste", that no-one will
> go near, that the day before were incredibly valuable status symbols.
> Reconciling this image with a consistent Glorantha is of course another
> problem!

The thing about "cold-iron" hindering magic is of course rather universal in the human psyche.

Long ago in Gloranthan Digest there was the suggestion that iron is the metal of death, which fits the Gloranthan setting rather well.

Therefore in my Glorantha Humakti (and Iron mostali, of course) love Iron because in protects them from hostile magic, while not hindering their own death-magic at all.

        -Adept