Re: Re: How would you survive as a viking

From: Bruce Ferrie <bruceferrie_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 16:18:20 +0000

Ian Cooper wrote:

> Indeed a valuable resource for any Heortling GM. It is
> packed with cutaway illustrations, and little nuggets
> about day-to-day life. Like a lots of kid's books it's
> idea for getting a broad picture of what life is like
> instead of focusing on historical detail (interesting
> to see if you could do an rpg book that way).

They're great books. I can't recommend them highly enough.

I've also got the ones for Romans, Aztecs and Egyptians. The "Metropolis" series published, like "How Would You Survive As A [Whatever)" are also jolly good. I have the Viking and Egyptian ones of those.

Anyone who wants to introduce new players to Heortlings really should get How Would You Survive As A Viking?, by Jacqueline Morley & Mark Bergin.

Regards,

Bruce