Re: Cold River Clan

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 23:32:12 -0000

Further to Jeff n Janes replies, you have to put them where you want. FREX I ran the scenario's that are in the book and the Fish Rain got taken out of Tarsh and plumped into one of the Tribes that have become a bit Lunarised. I think it was one of the tribes belonging to the Wilmskirk (always be Wilmschurch to me!) confederation (Refer to Barbarian Adventures if you have it, if not post on here and you'll find help)

YGWV and MGF. Huzzah!

> Also, does anyone have information on centaur religions? One of my
players
> wants to play a centaur with magic abilities related to singing
and music.

Sounds like a candidate for Donandar. I'd go Mercario. It supposed to be Lunar, but he is very cool! We just ignore the Lunar bit and call him a street entertainer. Most Gloranthans probably don't know (or care) so long as they are entertained. So, Donandar HQ page 111, Mercario HQ page 124. The is also an excellent rules article in Masters of Luck and Death. Worth a read to both narrator and player if you have it.

> I think centaurs are animists,

yup.

> but would like some details and suggestions
> for a tradition or practice.

If you go Donandar, thats common magic so IMO does not conflict directly with the animists back home, as common magic is, well, common!

Regards
Rob

PS: When the player in my game chose his common magic talents, he only got to choose 5 at character creation from Donandars left and right hand talents, and then took the Mercario affinity with everything in it.