RE: Re: Cradle Date

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 19:19:14 -0000

> Well, having long ago given up on actually getting my hands
> on the Cradle scenario, it's going to be irrelevant.

Is the Gloranthan Classics copy of Pavis and the Rubble OOP now, then?

> (The Cradle *will* happen in 1621, my players are just unlikely to
> know anything about it directly.)

Well, whatever works for you...

> As for the rest, the idea I have here is that in Gathering
> Thunder it is quite obvious that there are many people doing
> the HQ, both pro and con. Also, that people have been
> attempting it for hundreds of years. So my thought in some
> way all those attempts overlap, given the non-linear way the
> Otherworlds can work.

I'm not quite sure about the hundreds of years myself, but could be. Lots of people doing it, yes.

> So my players (and this is only an
> assumption based on what a player seems to want to do with
> his character) are going to want to remove the Closing. That
> requires raising the ship. So he's going to build to that.

As one does, yes. Do players ever think small?

(Swords campaign, we're going through establishing character goals. If any gods are left intact by the time this lot have finished with them, I'll be very surprised).

> If that's his goal, I'm not going to deny him.

"Yes, but..."

> But what will
> happen is that his version of the Shiprise will be parallel
> to Kallyr's, but not exactly the same. (I will almost
> certainly give him a glimpse of her and her version though.)

Sounds like a great way to run it. And of course his version won't involve disembarking early.

> Assuming he's successful, he will *know* he has contributed
> to it happening, even though he knows it won't have happened yet.
>
> Now that I've said this all, I'm quite sure he will be a good
> PC and do something completely different. :-)

Of course! It wouldn't be any fun narrating otherwise!