Re: Cradle Date

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 19:20:10 -0000

Hi LC

The Cradle has no bearing on the Shipraising.

However, it is critical to the Dragonrise. Kallyr goes on the shiprise to....well as the narrator, it tells you in the book. You could maybe hamper your campaign in terms of the official material, although YGM & WV, of course, if you run THAT scenrio that early.

Does KS know about the TotRM temple plans that early, FREX.

Regards
Rob

> As for the rest, the idea I have here is that in Gathering Thunder
it is quite obvious that
> there are many people doing the HQ, both pro and con. Also, that
people have been
> attempting it for hundreds of years. So my thought in some way all
those attempts
> overlap, given the non-linear way the Otherworlds can work. So my
players (and this is
> only an assumption based on what a player seems to want to do with
his character) are
> going to want to remove the Closing. That requires raising the
ship. So he's going to
> build to that. If that's his goal, I'm not going to deny him. But
what will happen is that his
> version of the Shiprise will be parallel to Kallyr's, but not
exactly the same. (I will almost
> certainly give him a glimpse of her and her version though.)
>
> Assuming he's successful, he will *know* he has contributed to it
happening, even
> though he knows it won't have happened yet.
>
> Now that I've said this all, I'm quite sure he will be a good PC
and do something
> completely different. :-)
>
> LC
>
> On 9 Mar 2005 at 18:42, Jane Williams wrote:
>

> > While this is true, I'd suggest you still have the Cradle before
the
> > Shiprise. And bear in mind the effects that the Cradle has on
Pavis.