Re: Re: Cradle Date

From: donald_at_...
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 14:52:36 GMT

In message <d0mu6h+9dm6_at_...> "Rob" writes:

>--- In HeroQuest-RPG_at_yahoogroups.com, "Jane Williams"
><janewilliams20_at_y...> wrote:
>> Rob:
>>
>> Donald:
>> > According to the RQII Pavis boxed set the Cradle scenario
>> > starts on Fire Day, Harmony Week, Sea Season with the Red
>> > Moon at Empty-Half with the change to Full happening that night.
>>
>> But this does not tell us when it leaves the Boathouse, does it?
>>Unless the expansion tells us how many days travel that part of the
>>journey takes?
>
>Oh, I think I can extrapolate. Maybe the end of Sacred Time? That
>gives me a hook as well. Thanks Donald.

The pdf file Jane mentioned describes the four days travel in detail. So it would be Freezeday in Harmony week.

>FWIW K0S gives the event occured in 1621. Is there any reason that I
>shouldn't run it in 1620? Bar the early removal of Sor-Eel and
>Garrath being gone for an extra year (which is off camera anyway)

The original scenario didn't specify the year, just an approximate date for the whole campaign of 1617-1620. All these dates may have been changed in subsequent versions so go with whatever fits your campaign.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/