Re: Digest Number 2023

From: Doug Bonar <dbonar_at_...>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 06:46:16 -0500

> Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 23:40:25 +0000
> From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...>
> Subject: Re: Other Chieftain Gods
>
> In principle, it seems quite reasonable to me to allow a player Hero to
> become chief without him being (or even wishing to join) one of the
> standard leadership cults. But if I were running a game with a player
> chief, I'd certainly be throwing challenges at him from time to time
> that revolved around leadership abilities, and for which the feats of
> Dar, Orendana, or Anatyr would inevitably be very useful. ...

My HQ experience is limited, but I don't rules wise I don't see how initiating in Dar would help the new leader. That just gets him affinities, probably a +1 or +2 on leadership type activities. Nothing to be sneezed at, but nothing amazing either.

I suppose initiating into Dar makes him more mythically 'right' for some cerimonies. But wouldn't going through those cerimonies as a non-leader be strengthening the leadership of the other god? So while his tasks might be harder for a while, wouldn't he be living a low-level hero quest by showing he leadership aspect of a god previously thought not to have one. With, of course, the possability that he'll fail and show that his god really is not a leader at all.

Doug