Re: Obtaining a weapon through Heroquesting, part II

From: Charles Corrigan <charles_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 15:23:41 -0000

> I'm messing about with some fairly legendary things in my game.
> Obviously there are unique artefacts in Glorantha that can't be
> (easily?) duplicated.

How about this approach inspired by the sidebar stories in Cults of Terror.

There are powerful unique items in Glorantha that are impossible to duplicate. An item of this type _IS_ an otherworld entity, be it a daemon, a spirit or an essense, or are at least is one of the manifestations of a powerful otherworld entity. But merely possesing the item is insufficient (Bolthor possessed Humakts Sword but could not use it).

To use the item requires one or more of the following * have a relationship with the entity
- each mastery in the relationship allows access to another power - or the power of an effect is limited to the lower of 10W3 and your relationship

* to have performed a heroquest to awaken the entity or one of its powers
* to have a certain ritual position
* to be descended from someone
* other conditions
* combinations of the above