Re: Obtaining a weapon through Heroquesting, part II

From: Charles Corrigan <charles_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:39:13 -0000

Make the story that suits you and your players!

My take is that if you actually pull off a M9 to M12 level experimental quest, you will be able to bring stuff through the barrier to the otherworld and it could be new and unique or you could have, at that level, ripped it from anyone, including Harrek!

But what I was getting at is that, for more mundane level quests, you will either:
- empower, in a fairly generic way, an existing item or - you have already obtained the unique and powerful item in the mundane world (but obviously it was very well hidden and behind powerful traps and more powerful guardians, etc...) and now you are questing to:

* learn its powers
* activate its powers and/or
* gain a relationship to be able to access its powers.
* meet other conditons or
* some combination of the above

regards,
Charles