Re: Issaries Fan Policy

From: Charles Corrigan <charles_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 03:23:51 -0000

> > Hey. Issaries put up a new Fan submission policy on their site.
> > http://www.glorantha.com/tribes/fan_policy.html
>
> And the necessary appendices are *still* missing...

I just took a brief scan of the document and did not find anything too onerous... (yet!) However, some might object to the automatic right of Issaries to re-publish any fan material, though I suspect that most people would be delighted at this prospect (as long as it is acknowledged.

The policy states that there is no "grandfathering" but I did not find a timescale for sites to come into compliance. A pedant might suggest that all existing fan-sites are now in breach of Issaries publishing policies, copyrights and trademarks.

On the other hand, the "Publication Date: XX, 2005" in red at the top of page 2 could also lead one to hope that it is still a draft (in addition to the incompleteness noted by John above).

regards,
Charles