Re: Carmanian Humakti (was Yanafal Tarnils)

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 22:46:56 -0500

On 21 Mar 2005 at 15:28, Peter Metcalfe wrote:

> The guy who killed Yelm is called the Thunderer who wielded
> an invisible weapon called Terminatus. He was later identified
> with Orlanth, which would make Terminatus Humakt.

Hmm. So to the west (Carmania) they adopted Humakt as the name, but in the centre he is still called Terminatus?

> >I would say thay the
> >Carmanian Hum'Akti don't condone undead either. (I would assume that the
> >Lunar
> >Yarnafallians are all for it.)
>
> I doubt it as the Yanafali have no known association with Undead.

Except that he himself came back from the dead. I suppose there is a point to be made that undead and resurrected are not the same thing. (Am I correct in remembering that Humakt don't get to be resurrected either?)

> There reportedly is the Vampire Bodyguard that protects the
> Emperor but nobody seems to have met it.

Nobody alive, anyway. :-)

LC