Re: Carmanian Humakti (was Yanafal Tarnils)

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 19:16:21 +0200 (EET)

Adept:
> > I just meant "bad guys" as in "heretical enemy Humakti". After all it
> > doesn't take a very large difference in Humakti dogma for the swords to
> > come out.

LC:
> True that. I think the fact that Carmanian Hum'akt as written doesn't
> have Honor as an affinity is something to base heresy on. For
> Orlanthi, that honor part is cruicial.

Yes, but what does it mean on the practical level. It's not like the Heorling's can see that the carmanian have a different affinity. That's just game-mechanics detail. I assume the Carmanian's are brutal and pragmatic, without the Heorling Humakti's honour-code, but is there more?

> Personally, I don't see why torture would be unhumakti for humakti
> where honor wasn't important. Mind you, it does seem non-combat and
> they do seem to be more combat oriented. But there is the whole "you
> only see the true man when you lean him over the pit of death"
> philosphy, which I could see being humakti in a certain way.

Not a bad start...

        -Adept