Re: Carmanian Humakti (was Yanafal Tarnils)

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 13:14:48 -0500

On 21 Mar 2005 at 19:16, Mikko Rintasaari wrote:

> Yes, but what does it mean on the practical level. It's not like the
> Heorling's can see that the carmanian have a different affinity. That's
> just game-mechanics detail. I assume the Carmanian's are brutal and
> pragmatic, without the Heorling Humakti's honour-code, but is there
> more?

I'm not sure there is. There certainly seems to be an emphasis on combat itself (combat and battle as affinities) more than Orlanthi Humakt. So maybe for a Carmanian Humakti, it's all about being the perfect warrior, while for Orlanthi it is about the role of Death in the world?

> > Personally, I don't see why torture would be unhumakti for humakti
> > where honor wasn't important. Mind you, it does seem non-combat and
> > they do seem to be more combat oriented. But there is the whole "you
> > only see the true man when you lean him over the pit of death"
> > philosphy, which I could see being humakti in a certain way.
>
> Not a bad start...

Yeah, except that there is a Carmanian god of Torture, who is described as "an implacable foe of Humakt". That's what Peter was referring to in his post. (I found it looking at some of the Carmanian site links listed earlier.)

I don't really think there are light and dark Humakti btw. It seems there are light gods and dark gods. Maybe they get linked in pairs in the philosophy, but it doesn't seem you have gods with a "light side and a dark side".

LC