Re: Re: Issaries Fan Policy

From: donald_at_...
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 13:28:34 GMT

In message <d1leo7+p52i_at_...> "Charles Corrigan" writes:

>I just took a brief scan of the document and did not find anything
>too onerous... (yet!) However, some might object to the automatic
>right of Issaries to re-publish any fan material, though I suspect
>that most people would be delighted at this prospect (as long as it
>is acknowledged.

The only problem I see with that is its interaction with Issaries publications policy of taking over the copyright. So someone submits a publication for approval, Issaries decides to publish and then owns the copyright, leaving the actual author with no say in what finally gets published. Precisely what happens if, for whatever reason, it doesn't get published isn't clear.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/