Re: Carmanian Humakti (was Yanafal Tarnils)

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 10:01:29 +1200

At 09:55 AM 3/21/2005 -0500, you wrote:

>True that. I think the fact that Carmanian Hum'akt as written doesn't
>have Honor as an affinity is something to base heresy on. For
>Orlanthi, that honor part is cruicial.

Except for other Orlanthi Gods that don't have it. Are they dishonorable?

>The whole Light vs Dark thing in Crmanian culture I've never gotten a
>handle on. At first I thought they were at war,

They are, within every human (and non-human) heart.

>Personally, I don't see why torture would be unhumakti for humakti
>where honor wasn't important.

Because torture isn't a matter of honor, it's a matter of right death. Torture and other slow deaths are what everybody else who had their hands on the first sword do, but not Humakt.

--Peter Metcalfe