Re: Re: Carmanian Humakti (was Yanafal Tarnils)

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 14:47:17 +0200 (EET)

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005, Jeff Richard wrote: <snip>
> academic and doctinal bunch. Issues of bravery and honor are
> probably far more important than doctrinal purity (other than don't
> maintain a Humakti's body after the soul as left it, always fight
> other Humakti fairly, honor the fallen, and maintain strict truth
> and confidence).
>
> But that's just my view.

I just meant that with the Humakti the swords are pretty much out all the time anyway. It's the best, if not only solution to problems.

And _if_ there is enough of a fundamental difference between the Heortlings and the Carmanians, well... let the Sword sort it out. No doubt Humakt will grant victory to those that are in the right, meaning us.

But I'm starting to think that for the most part the Lunar (Carmanian) Humakti will be pretty much like their Heortling counterparts. Humakti have no problem with fighting on both sides of a war. Like Odin, Humakt always wins in war.

I'll just make my, Dart Wader like, bad guy be an illuminated amoral Humakti noble. Since dicipline is so important to the Carmanians, there's propably no problem with his Humakti following a leader that is lax on the use of torture and undead for the greater war effort (as long as the Humakti themselves aren't the torturers).

Basically the point I'm trying to make with the character is that at the core Humakt is just about Death, and not much else. An evil amoral killer is (almost?) as good to Humakt as the most honourable warrior.

        -Adept