Re: Example of why fan material policies are a legal necessity

From: ALISON PLACE <alison_place_at_...>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 13:25:18 -0800 (PST)

Unfortunately, very true! US law is notorious for its weirdness on this subject. However, many of the fans are outside the US, and thus only limited portions of the fan policy really apply to them. It is true that most will try to abide by them because a), they don't know their own copyright/trademarks laws well enough to know what is and isn't compatible, and b) they vastly prefer to get along with everyone. However, there are valid qualms being raised that I hope that II will address, now that the policy is being discussed publicly.

Alison

> > In message <p06200718be66a5c2fcf0_at_[192.168.1.216]>
> David Dunham writes:

>> This reflects the principle of English copyright law that you can't copyright an idea only a "work".

> Sadly, US copyright law is much less friendly and
Issaries is based in the US. Jeff

Yahoo! Sports - Sign up for Fantasy Baseball. http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/