Give it time.

From: Darran Sims <darransims_at_...>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 10:31:13 -0000

Greetings and Salutations
2005-03-24-1030.

Ian Cooper wrote:
> Remember folks II don't have to give us anything. The fact that
they
> do so, which may be commercially sensible in the gaming field, but
> is certainly altruistic, is positive. The fact that they are trying
> to protect their IP is only sensible. Let's not act like a bunch of
> ungrateful children.

I think this is the best thing said. I think we just need to wait it out until the Issaries Fan Publication Policy for Dummies has been done and submissions procedures are clear, in place and working. I expect that there will be a back-log as everything on hold for the last ten months or so will be put forward for approval.

I know that some fan publishers have had issues over the long wait and some of the clauses in the policy but that is, and should be between Issaries and them only. Hopefully we will be seeing some publications out soon [and I can get more of my artwork published as well ;-) ].

About Issaries sorting out credit. On occasion my credits for artwork or items for the website have been missed off but Greg, Steve and Nils have bent over backwards to ensure those credits were put there. I wouldn't worry about that too much.

I have often wondered why Issaries doesn't produce its own fan/unfinished works publication like the old 'Wyrm's Footnotes'. A journal type magazine of mainly fan works to give Issaries a larger footprint on the market? I am guessing it is the time restraints on those involved but it might be an idea worth pursuing?

Cheers

Darran Sims.

Go to Continuum!
Web - http://www.continuum.uk.net