Humakt & psychol. trauma

From: reinierd_at_...
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 08:43:46 -0000

Re your comments on the social/psychological implications of being Humakti.

This could be fun and interesting to play. How does a character who has severed ties to his clan feel about his family? Does he miss them or is he estranged? If estranged, how did this happen? (lots of material here: abusive step parents, simple teenage rebellion, parents who became Lunar sympathizers, etc.)

fwiw I wrote up one of my Humakti characters with a "Lonely" flaw which could cause him to make some "bad" (from a Humakti point of view) decisions. The flaw is the result of his missing his family and feeling guilty about what happened to them when he left his clan. This should make for some interesting tension going forward, as he bounces between Devoted to Humakt and Lonely.