RE: Chaos Cults

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 17:06:59 +0200 (EET)

Would it be about time for another "Cults of Terror", for the HQ era?

I can't say I'm compleatly clear on how the chaos gods of RQ map over to HQ. Like I recently tried to say (parhaps not too clearly) on the Gloranthan Digest list, I'm rather worried about all the chaos-baddies being animist these days. Animists lack power in the HQ rules.

Personally I've never been a fan of the sorcerous Vivamort cult. Vampires seem to be a fairly big thing in the theistic central Glorantha (Draon Pass, at least), and I tought the Vivamort cult worked beautifully.

Then again, parhaps Vivamort can be "worshipped" in any of the three ways. Heck, parhaps there are even strange hopping vampires in the East that are failed (and dead) mystcs. :)

        -Adept