RE: "no tattoos"

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 11:24:05 -0600

>From: "Jane Williams" <janewilliams20_at_...>

>Memories of the RQ days of having your spell foci forcibly removed.

>Do we have anything similar these days? Charms and fetishes are separate
>items, aren't they?

Doesn't say that they have to be separate, and I think that it's implied that, for Talismans at least, that they can be in something like a tatoo. Uh, you could just transcribe some of a grimoire onto your skin as well, I'd think (and then link it, of course). Makes it easy to carry and hard to loose. But also makes you pretty damn identifiable. And if somebody wants to take it from you, well as stated before...ow!

The image of a spirit being released from a fetish tatoo would be too much for me to pass up. I can see it starting to move on the skin, and then "peeling" off of the character. In fact, I'd rule that it would be gone from the character's skin when released, until it came back. In fact that sounds so cool, I'm going to have to find a way to incorporate it into some of the games I'm playing for sure. :-)

Mike