Re: Chaos Cults

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 18:08:39 +0000

Mikko:

>Would it be about time for another "Cults of Terror", for the HQ era?

On the one hand, clearly the answer to this is 'yes'. On the other, its time for quite a lot of things, and they can't all be published straight away. Sadly, I wouldn't expect to see this particular one for quite a time.

>Personally I've never been a fan of the sorcerous Vivamort cult.
>Vampires seem to be a fairly big thing in the theistic central Glorantha
>(Draon Pass, at least), and I tought the Vivamort cult worked
>beautifully.

The intent, as it was explained to me, was to emphasise the 'alienness' and just plain wrongness of Vivamort worship in central Genertela (readers with long memories may recall my write-up of troll vampires in Book of Drastic Resolutions #3, which uses this principle to create something that a troll would find scary and unnatural - and consequently doesn't look much like the human sort). The flaw in that is, it seems to me, that vampires in the West would therefore logically be either theist or animist, and I have difficulty seeing how such a split would make any sense, given that both Westerners and Heortlings are human.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic