RE: Chaos Cults

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 10:12:05 +1200

At 05:06 PM 3/25/2005 +0200, you wrote:

>I can't say I'm compleatly clear on how the chaos gods of RQ map over to
>HQ. Like I recently tried to say (parhaps not too clearly) on the
>Gloranthan Digest list, I'm rather worried about all the chaos-baddies
>being animist these days.

All? So Vivamort, Krarsht, Thanatar/Atyar and Cacodemon are not badies?

>Animists lack power in the HQ rules.

They don't.

>Personally I've never been a fan of the sorcerous Vivamort cult.
>Vampires seem to be a fairly big thing in the theistic central Glorantha
>(Draon Pass, at least), and I tought the Vivamort cult worked
>beautifully.

Delecti isn't a vampire and his undead are mostly frankensteinoid Zombies. So it's not true that Vivamort is big in Dragon Pass. Furthermore Dragon Pass is home to the Dwarf and Sir Ethilrist with the Aeolians and the Greatway just of the map, all of whom are sorcerers so the theistic argument is far from persuasive.

--Peter Metcalfe