Re: Re: Chaos Cults

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 05:18:05 +0200 (EET)

I went:

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005, Trotsky wrote:
> The intent, as it was explained to me, was to emphasise the 'alienness'
> and just plain wrongness of Vivamort worship in central Genertela

Yes, I figured that. Actually that really bugged me. It seemed that the writers threw away perfectly cool (and creepy!) vampire-cult-stuff for which we had myths and everything (including among others Eurmal and Humakt), and just decided that having all the vampires sorcerous would be cooler and weirder than the creepy worship-without-a-true-soul thing the Vivamort cult had going.

Then again, I don't mind western vampires being sorcerers. The idea of of centuries old vampires messing with the dark arts (with all the cool trappings of sorcery. Old books, incense, sigils) is too good to pass by. Hence I'm thinking that Vivamort's secrets of unlife should be accessible through all three systems of magic.

        -Adept