Re: Re: Chaos Cults

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 13:19:59 -0500

On 26 Mar 2005 at 18:47, Mikko Rintasaari wrote:

> This is what I've been thinking as well. Vivamort's secret is a primal
> flaw in the fabric of Glorantha. It penetrates through all the magical
> worlds.

Yeah, I'm thirding the Vivamort spans the different magical worlds. I do think that the Vivamort cult out of Tanisor (the "original" as it were) is Sorcery. But I think you can get to vampirism from all directions. I would argue that there is likely to be some variety in the mechanics by different approaches, but the core stuff is the same.

> Oh, and in my game I even have an EWF survivor who, like Delecti, chose
> vampirism. I use a version of Sandy Petersen's personality-trait based
> Dragon Magic, so this version of the vampire has to steal personality
> traits from other humans to survive.

> Not a vampire as we usually know them, but the draconic version of the
> same. I gave her pretty much the normal vampire package aside from blood
> drinking. She's strong, harmed by sunlight, unaging...

That's a very cool approach, I like that.

LC