Re: Excommunicating Lunar Sympathizers

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 08:18:41 -0800

> At what point does raiding and betraying your fellow clans, accepting
> Lunar military advice, etc become heresy against Orlanth and or the
> Storm pantheon? Wouldn't these Lunar sympathizers find that their
> storm magic becomes unreliable and even dangerous to use?

It becomes so when Orlanth decides that it does. As you'll find out in TR (hopes are that it will start to ship *out* of the warehouse on Wednesday - I've got my copy!) Orlanth lets his displeasure known not to the guilty person, but to the whole clan. Remember Impests & Flint Slingers from Cults of Prax? Well, we've brought them back. When the clan performs their worship rites, the opening to Orlanth's Stead in the Storm Realm allows the "Agents of Reprisal" to pass through to the mundane world. Suddenly,. the clan is plagued by itches, bad luck & reduced Air (including things like agents stealing your breath). Orlanth has let the clan know that *someone* "down there" has made a boo boo, and the clan needs to find the problem & fix it (Sort of like regular Heortling justice, ain't it?).

So, When the clan's cattle dry up, the mud sticks to your feet and slows you down, you can't seem to breathe right, you can't stop scratching and you get a jolt every time you pick up a metal weapon, start looking around at your clan and try to figure out who did what (asking the ancestors is a good start!).

In the game, the AoR's come when the Narrator gets tired of the shenanigans of the players... Start them off with small "reminder" agents, then bring on the big guns. If the entire clan is sacrificing to the Moon, then they *will* lose their magic (look back to the thread on mass conversions a month or so ago). According to greg we'll have a scenario based around convertin from Storm to Moon worship in Sartar Rising.

RR