Re: Telmori of Sartar to appear in my game

From: Jeff Richard <richj_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 01:27:54 -0000

> >So, even when they change they don't go round killing people in
> >Boldhome at night. Right. Thats movie lycanthropes not
Gloranthan
> >Hsunchen.
>
> My character is actually in Boldhome most nights. So far, she's
> unaware of anyone being killed by Telmori. They're just as wolfy
> during the day, too. She actually gets along with them moderately
> well, considering they're inhuman monsters, far better than her
horse
> does. (She has more or less the same job they do: protect the
Prince.)

Here's my take on the Telmori bodyguards of the princes of Sartar - they are essential a pack of vicious pitbulls that will attack anyone approaching the prince - unless they recognize that person as being under the prince's protection (i.e. that person is approaching the prince according to the traditional customs, follows the greeting, and so on). Temertain prefers keeping them sequestered at the "Wolf Den" which is far up the right arm of Boldhome, and out of his presence, although at many public ceremonies their presence is considered necessary.

The Telmori bodyguards are not movie lycanthropes - they are more like a guard of terrifying monsters that, for whatever reason, will protect the Prince against anyone.

Jeff