Re: Language

From: LC <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 21:54:08 -0000

OK, let's see if we can get a list up.

Heortling to Esrolian is -10 (as per the book. A similar, but distinct language.)

Since two people have voted for -5 Sartarite to Esrolian and that Sartarite and Heortling are similar dialects, we go -5 Sartarite to Heortling as well.

Heortling to Esvulari, -5. (-10 to Sartarite and Esrolian?)

OK, screw this. Either I put it in a table or I just assume everything in the region goes no lower than -10 unless it's clearly different language.

Just for the sake of it, though, can we list what the agreed languages are?

Tarshite (a step away from the 4 below)
Sartarite
Heortling
Esvulari
Esrolian
Pelaskite (probably quite different from all the above?) No idea if Calandralander is a language. Does God Forgot/Leftarm islands get its own language? New Pelorian for Lunars (I'm not going to bother with languages to each Satrap, that will just be "really foreign")

Am I missing one?