Re: Fruit Bat

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 10:41:12 +1300

Andrew Barton

>The first sentence of the cult description in Cults of Terror, under
>'Before Time', says that the Bat 'was once a normal animal' but was
>corrupted by chaos in the Godtime.

>(1) This statement seems to have been Gregged - if I understand rightly,
>the bat was a god before it became chaotic.

My opinion is that the Bat became chaotic when it became a death god. FWIW there's a mythlet about the Bat in the Entekosiad p95. It basically states that the bat wanted to sleep in the dark so it opened the door where the shadows lay. But also death was also there...

--Peter Metcalfe

--Peter Metcalfe