Re: Re: Dr. Whood?

From: donald_at_...
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 20:21:15 GMT

In message <Pine.GSO.4.58.0504071456560.29913_at_...> Mikko Rintasaari writes:

>> > Pretty cool! Of course, how much bosom was that wood-babe showing?
>> > Aldryami shouldn't really have mammaries...

>> that's something that even the official illustrations seem to not get
>> right. The dryad in Gods of Glorantha and the female green elf in the
>> RQ3 Gloranthan Bestiary are both, erm, quit bumpy.
>
>It's not a problem. They are as much creatures of the "man" rune as they
>are of the plant rune.
>
>The elf child may start out as a seed, but parhaps when the child comes
>out of the fruit it needs breast-feeding.

Which is not why human female breasts developed anyway - other mammals don't have them.

I'll suggest that Aldrya gave dryads and female elves breasts during the darkness so that they could seduce human males into protecting the forests.

Which means there should be an aldryami HQ where, when the forest is threatened by darkness, an elf goes to a nearby human settlement to seduce as many warriors as possible.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/