Re: Brastalos

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 21:22:14 +1200

At 08:21 PM 4/12/2005 +1200, you wrote:

> > Brastalos is the Calm at the centre of the Hurricane or the Doldrums.

>So what's the canon status of the Prosopaedia? I figured that glorantha.com
>might mean something... ;-)

The prosopaedia mentions the eye of the storm motif so I haven't refuted it. The only question left is how closely the watersprouts are related to her cult among the Heortlings.

> > The Still Air is Molanni, Vadrus's daughter.

>I note that Brastalos' only affinity is Still Air, and that the references I
>can find to Molanni at glorantha.com describe her as the Calm Air.

I think it's a goof as Calm Air has positive connotations whereas Still Air contains the sense of stagnation. That said, this goof has a long pedigree in the sources.

>Is there canon about Molanni somewhere?

She's the mother of Daga (TR p90) (with Yelm) and reviled as an Enemy God. There isn't much about her cult although she is mentioned in mythology here and there.

--Peter Metcalfe