Re: Brastalos

From: Jennifer Geard <geard_at_...>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 22:56:28 +1200

Assuming that TR is canon, p. 88 states: "Brastalos. Goddess of the Still Air."

> I think it's a goof as Calm Air has positive connotations whereas
> Still Air contains the sense of stagnation. That said, this
> goof has a long pedigree in the sources.

It sounds like it. The write up in ST does suggest that Orlanthi sometimes get a bit grumpy about Brastalos calming their storms, but that she's really the calm at the heart of Orlanth. That's the tension I think is interesting: half the family will want to marry the child off as fast as possible, while the other half will -- for various different reasons -- see her as a treasure to be held on to.

Cheers,
  Jennifer

--
Jennifer Geard