RE: Re: Some clan herobands

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 13:18:14 -0500

>From: "Jeff Richard" <richaje_at_...>

>Does that help at all?

Superlative examples, Jeff.

Do other people see herobands as so common? With most everyone belonging to two or three or more? Part of the problem with the quote is what constitute's a "formal" group? It seems somewhat circular to me, actually - perhaps you don't consider a group "formal" until it has a guardian?

How do you enumerate these, Jeff? Do you put all of the Guardian abilities on every character who has them? Or just list the affiliation?

I guess that part of my confusion is that I rarely see any examples that list heroband affiliations at all, much less abilities that one draws from them. Which is not to say that he example characters don't have such affiliations, just that some character sheets don't even have a place to list the abilities from afilliations (some seem to imply only one). Or is putting the relationship in that column all the indicator one needs?

Anyhow, it's terrible play on my part, I know, but I somehow always forget to have players select some herobands to start out with. That is, I think, especially if you see a heroband in every group like Jeff does, that a player look at his affiliations and figure out what "automatic" affiliations that he's likely to have (even if only to reject some of them). A good process for doing this is, I think, missing from the chargen section.

But I do love the idea of herobands. I think I'm going to modify my view to be more like Jeff's than where I had it before, where only "special" organizations had associated herobands.

Mike