Re: Some clan herobands

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 21:17:54 -0000

> For the clan Anzarni in our game we have the clan guardian, and a
> couple of *Herobands*, one being the player group. The clan warband
> functions like a heroband in Heroquest, with a guardian and all, but
> in my Glorantha guardians are not required for the day to day
> stuff. In my glorantha most people don't travel further than 5
> miles from the stead where they were born so I don't see them as
> majorly necessary. I can see how it would make for good politiking
> though.

I don't think I disagree with you Rob. It's just that any group that has a guardian or protective spirit or whatever is a "heroband". A clan is a "heroband". Many bloodlines are a "heroband". A warband is a "heroband" and many "temples" are best thought of as a "heroband". The Heortlings are a religious people who make sacrifices to many protective entities as well as to the gods of the Storm Tribe.

For a real world comparison, look at the various societies in the Roman Republic or Classical Athens. These societies would likely be "herobands" under the Heroquest rules.

Jeff