Re: Bloodlines and Factions of the Orlmarthing

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 14:35:31 -0000

> Jeff has seen some of my Red Cow notes, when they come
> out more publically then I guess some of the sources
> of these become clearer.

Ian's Red Cow material is fantastic and superb - the most interesting and detailed material about a Heortling clan using the Heroquest rules that I've seen (and that includes my own Orlmarthing campaign material - a mere shadow of the Red Cow). And it has cows!

> I also treat the stead as an additional community with
> a 'guardian being'. Most are not that powerful, but
> can be a useful aid in times of trouble.

Yeah, in the Orlmarthing campaign we came up with that as well. My players invoked an alynx spirit (yeah, I should say daimone) as the guardian of Urothfaldastead.

Jeff